Behind the scenes: Happy 50th birthday to me!
Updated: Aug 6, 2020
This weekend I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday, so I thought this called for another 'behind the scenes at Popsy and Mama' post. If you want to know more about how I'll be celebrating, read on!
Happy 50th birthday to me!
Here we are at Friday again! How has your week been?
This week was another busy one for me as I opened the Popsy and Mama shop again for the Summer Collection. Thank you all for your wonderful orders. I'm excited to get stuck into making them. Can you believe the next shop opening will be for the Autumn Collection! Where does the time go?
Feeling fabulous at 50!
I've also been looking forward to this week because it's my big birthday on Sunday (12 July). I never thought I'd be excited about turning 50, but I really am. There's definitely something in the saying, "feeling fabulous at 50!"
Pre-pandemic I had plans to celebrate by going on the most amazing trip to America. I also had a damn-good party with family and friends in the diary. I initially felt sad that I couldn't do all of these things, but then realised I still can - just not yet.
I'm celebrating in true-virtual-lockdown-style
Instead I'll be celebrating in semi-lockdown-style with a Zoom quiz, a Zoom afternoon tea with my brothers, lunch at my parents and lots of different small celebrations in my garden!
I was thinking about how I could celebrate my birthday with all of you and my lovely Popsy and Mama team had an idea about answering 50 questions you might not know about me. At first I wasn't convinced we could find 50 questions, but we did.
Here they are: 50 things about me to celebrate my 50th!
50 things about me to celebrate turning 50
1. My name is Samantha Legg and I was born in Middlesex.
2. I grew up in Cookham, Berkshire, with my parents and three brothers.
3. I went to primary school in Cookham.
4. My secondary school was Embrook School in Wokingham .
5. I then went onto Southampton University to study History and Geography.
6. Some of my best childhood memories is of the adventures I'd go on with my Nana.
My family now
7. I met my husband Simon in 2007 and we got married in 2012.
8. Our daughter Poppy arrived soon after. Poppy's now 8 years old.
9. We have a cat called Lola who is mad and talks a lot!
10. I'm lucky to still have both of my lovely parents who live nearby. We're very close.
11. One of our favourite things to do as a family is get outside and explore.
Me and Poppy, and our talkative cat Lola!
Ambitions and career
12. When I was younger I wanted to be a Nursery Nurse when I 'grew up'.
13. My first job was a Saturday job at a local haberdashery shop.
14. After Uni I wanted to be a teacher. However, I soon realised it wasn't for me!
15. My career in customer experience and service includes roles at Disney, British Airways and Three.
16. I chose to leave my career at the end of 2019 and work on Popsy and Mama full-time!
Me at University, and years later surrounded by my gorgeous Popsy and Mama Brand Reps